Christian Menegatti is vice president and head of global economic research at Roubini Global Economics. Christian's areas of expertise are global macroeconomics, the U.S. economy, the U.S. housing sector, monetary policy and capital flows and foreign-reserve accumulation and management. Previously, Christian spent three years as a research scholar at New York University’s department of economics. Christian makes regular media appearances on CNBC, Forbes and Fox Business News, and is frequently quoted in the financial press. He has been an invited speaker at a variety of institutions including the Carnegie Council, Chatham House, Merrill Lynch and the Society for Quantitative Analysis. His research has been quoted by several scholars and institutions including the IMF and the European Commission. He holds a Ph.D in economics from the University of Venice, Italy, and a master’s degree in economics and finance from Venice International University.
Recent Blog Posts by Christian Menegatti
- Comparing Spain With Ireland and Other PIIGS: Better in Some Ways, More at Risk in Others
- RGE’s Wednesday Note – What’s Ahead for the Fed?
- RGE’s Wednesday Note – No Chance of a V-Shaped Recovery
- RGE’s Wednesday Note: How the Other Half Looks
- RGE’s Wednesday Note – Reading the Tea Leaves for Q2 and Beyond
- RGE’s Wednesday Note – No Greece in the American Machine
- 10 Reasons Why We Will See a U-Shape Recovery
- U.S. Real GDP Growth: Should We Really Get Excited?
- Forecasting Home Prices in the U.S.
- RGE Monitor – U.S. Economic Outlook: Q2 2009 Update
- 2009 U.S. Economic Outlook: Q1 2009 Update
- Focus on the U.S. Economy
- FannieMae & FreddieMac Seized: Bail-Out of the Mortgage Industry
- Life Without Home Equity (Withdrawal) – Down to $24bn in Q1 2008
- One Year Later, Still Crunch Time