Shelley Goldberg is director of global resources and commodities strategy at Roubini Global Economics. Previously she served as portfolio manager and sector head of global resources strategies for UBP Asset Management LLC, the New York arm of Union Bancaire Privée. Shelley’s expertise is in the commodities, energies, basic materials and natural resources sectors. She began her career in sales and trading of commodity derivatives with firms including Phillip Brothers, AIG Trading, Metallgesellschaft and N.M. Rothschild. In 2000, she joined Deloitte’s Global Markets division in a risk management consulting role. There she served global industrial and financial institutions on issues of hedging, market, price and operations risk management. Shelley's focus on alternative investments led her to StoneHedge Partners, a hedge fund development and seed capital firm, where she was a principal focusing on risk management. This role led to the launch and management of her own hedge fund with a focus on the energy sector. Shelley holds a bachelor's degree from Tufts University and a master's degree in business administration from New York University’s Stern School of Business. She has published articles in a number of financial journals and served as speaker and panel member for many industry events.
Recent Blog Posts by Shelley Goldberg
- High U.S. Gasoline Prices – Consumer Optimism or Otherwise?
- RGE’s Shelley Goldberg Talks Commodities – CNBC
- Response to Randy Wray’s Biggest Commodity Bubble of All Time
- RGE’s Shelley Goldberg CNBC Video – ‘Hurricane Irene’s Impact Not as Bad as Thought’
- Georgia on My Mind
- The Economics of Pizza – a Slice of Life in New York City
- CNBC Fast Money: RGE’s Shelley Goldberg – Greek Crisis Impact on Commodities