Well, I fancy myself the personification of the free thinking maverick, the ultimate non-conformist as it applies to investment and analysis. I am definitively outside the box - not your typical or stereotypical Wall Street investor. I work out of my home, not a Manhattan office. I build my own technology and perform my own research - in lieu of buying it or following the crowd. I create and follow my own macro strategies and am by definition, a contrarian to the nth degree.
Since I use my research as a tool for my own investing to actually put food on my table, I can stand behind it as doing what it is supposed too - educate, illustrate and elucidate. I do not sell advice, I am not a reporter hence do not sell stories, and I do not sell research. I am an entrepreneur who exists just outside of mainstream corporate America and Wall Street. This allows me freedom to do things that many can not. For instance, I pride myself on developing some of the highest quality research available, regardless of price. No conflicts of interest, no corporate politics, no special favors. Just the hard truth as I have found it - and believe me, my team and I do find it! I welcome any and all to peruse my blog, use my custom hacked collaborative social tools, read the articles, download the files, and make a critical comparison of the opinion referencing the situation at hand and the time stamp on the blog post to the reality both at the time of the post and the present. Hopefully, you will be as impressed with the Boom Bust as I am and our constituency.
I pay for significant information and data, and am well aware of the value of quality research. I find most currently available research lacking, in both quality and quantity. The reason why I had to create my own research staff was due to my dissatisfaction with what was currently available - to both individuals and institutions.
So here I am, creating my own research for my own investment activity. What really sets my actions apart is that I offer most of what I produce to the public without charge - free to distribute and redistribute, as long as it is left unaltered and full attribution is given to the author and owner. Why would I do such a thing when others easily charge 5 and 6 digits annually for what some may consider a lesser product? It is akin to open source analysis! My ideas and implementations are actually improved and fine tuned when bounced off of the collective intellect of the many, in lieu of that of the few - no matter how smart those few may believe themselves to be. So, this is how I use my background and knowledge in new media, distributed computing, risk management, insurance, financial engineering, real estate, corporate valuation and financial analysis to pursue, analyze and capitalize on global macroeconomic opportunities. I have included a more in depth bio at the bottom of the page for those who really, really need to know more about me.
Recent Blog Posts by Reggie Middleton
- Overbanked, Underfunded, and Overly Optimistic: The New Face of Sovereign Europe
- “Greek Crisis Is Over, Region Safe,” Prodi Says – I Say Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!
- The Next Step in the Bank Explosion Cycle???
- Any Objective Review Shows that the Big Banks are Simply too Big for the Safety of this Country
- More on the FDIC as a Catalyst
- In this Difficult to Trade Market, You have to be More than Just Right…
- Fact, Fiction and Farce and Lies! What happened to the Bank?
- Super Brokers are forming to push broken products to make those with High Net Worth Super Broke
- A few grim thoughts for the New Year, as I reflect upon the past year
- A change is gonna’ come
- Will someone tell our government that you can’t legislate high asset prices?
- The Macerich Sensitivity
- Asian and South Asian markets have spiked recently
- HSBC, et. al. have been offered a buy out from the government
- Reggie’s thoughts on financial mayhem coming into the week of October 5th, 2008
- When blatant government market manipulation won’t help you… the Run on Morgan Stanley
- I won’t say I told you so, again
- Fannie and Freddie now added to the Asset Securitization Crisis diary
- When the best of the best start with the shenanigans, what does that mean for the rest…
- Risk, Reward and Reputations on the Street: the Goldman Sachs Forensic Analysis