Dr. Prieur du Plessis is an investment professional with 26 years' experience in investment research and portfolio management.
More than 1,400 of his articles on investment-related topics have been published in various regular newspaper, journal and internet columns. He also writes a blog on international investment, Investment Postcards from Cape Town, and has published a book, Financial Basics: Investment.
Prieur is chairman and principal shareholder of South African-based Plexus Asset Management, which he founded in 1995. The group conducts investment management, investment consulting, private equity and real estate activities in South Africa, and a number of African and European countries.
Plexus is the South African partner of John Mauldin, Dallas-based author of the popular Thoughts from the Frontline newsletter, and also has an exclusive licensing agreement with California-based Research Affiliates for managing and distributing its enhanced Fundamental Index™ methodology in the Pan-African area.
Prieur also serves as Honorary Consul of Slovenia for South Africa, actively developing economic, cultural and scientific relations between Solovenia and South Africa.
He is 54 years old and lives with his wife, television producer and presenter Isabel Verwey, and two children in Cape Town, South Africa.
Prieur's leisure activities include long-distance running, traveling, reading, motor-cycling and scripophily.
Recent Blog Posts by Prieur du Plessis
- Figuring Out ECRI’s Recession Call
- Is Risk in Emerging Economies Less Than Developed Economies?
- Emerging Market Stocks Have More Upside, But in Need of Correction
- Time to Add the VIX to Your Equity Portfolio?
- Global Manufacturing PMI: Saved by the U.S.
- Global PMI Scorecard (Oct. 2011): Growth Falters, With Exception of Japan
- Poll Results: Sentiment – Where Have the Bulls Disappeared?
- Mature-Market Bonds: Quo Vadis?
- Chart du Jour: No Signs of Imminent Rate Hike
- Picture du Jour: The Lost Decade for the U.S. Economy
- Gold Market – Accident Waiting to Happen or Crime Scene?
- 1930s Déjà Vu
- Shanghai Cracks
- Global Stock Markets – Pop ‘N Drop
- Bob Farrell’s 10 Rules for Investing
- Hugh Hendry Walks the Streets of China
- Prieur’s Readings (July 6, 2009)
- Bill King: Deflation trade back in vogue
- Albert Edwards: Expect new equity lows in H2, China is global Achilles’ heel
- Asian markets won’t retest lows, says Chris Wood
- Secular bull in commodities remains intact
- Technical talk: Climbing the “wall of worry”
- Prieur’s readings
- Why Jeremy Grantham changed his mind
- Dollar’s slide hurting foreign investors
- Gold bullion glitters brightly
- David Rosenberg: Market musings & data deciphering
- Credit Crisis Watch: Thawing – noteworthy progress
- Stock markets: reversal time?
- Signs that economy is stabilising
- Emerging-market equities show leadership
- Donald Coxe – Have commodities started to outperform?
- Words from the (investment) wise for the week that was (January 5 – 11, 2009)
- Byron Wien’s ten surprises for 2009
- Words from the (investment) wise for the week that was (Dec 29, 2008 – Jan 4, 2009)
- Words from the (investment) wise for the week that was (Dec 22 – 28, 2008)