Nicolás Eyzaguirre is Director of the IMF’s Western Hemisphere Department. He was previously Professor of Economics at the University of Chile. From 2000 to 2006 he was Chile’s Finance Minister. He was an IMF Executive Director between 1998 and 2000, having held several senior positions at the Central Bank of Chile in the period 1990–97.
Recent Blog Posts by Nicolas Eyzaguirre
- Bridging the Gap: How Official Financing Can Ease the Pain of Adjustment
- ‘Macro…, What?!’ The New Buzz on Financial Stability
- Tailwinds or Headwinds? Adjusting the Economic Sails in Latin America
- Does Cheap Foreign Money Bring Risks for Latin America?
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Finding Space for Countercyclical Fiscal Policy