Mikka Pineda is an analyst at Roubini Global Economics. She currently covers Japan, Australia, the Philippines and New Zealand and had previously covered MENA, markets and global monetary policy in addition to Asia. She is quoted in a variety of publications, including Time, Forbes, Bloomberg, MarketWatch, Newsweek, The Australian and The National (United Arab Emirates). Mikka graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's degree in international relations and a concentration in the political economy of development.
Recent Blog Posts by Mikka Pineda
- Why Will Japan Continue to Experience Power Shortages?
- Fukushima vs. Three Mile Island vs. Chernobyl
- Thailand’s GDP Release: Bad English or Intentional Cover-Up?
- A Yen for Misbehaving
- How Much Does a Mine Cost?
- Thailand’s ‘Black May’: 1992 vs. 2010
- Automated Elections Do Not Automatically Make Philippines a Democracy
- Fine-Tuning Australian Monetary Policy
- Can Japan Avoid Another Lost Decade?
- Are Australian Banks Better Off Than Those in the U.S. and EU?
- Thai Public Finance: Can Thailand Afford Another Political Crisis?
- Backgrounder on Thailand’s Political Crisis
- Anticipating the ECB’s Next Moves
- How Severely Will Asia Be Affected By the Global Recession?
- How Far Will Remittances to the Philippines Fall in 2009?
- Eight Asian Predictions for the Year of the Ox
- Are Asian Central Banks Still Behind the Inflation Curve?
- New Zealand Housing Boom Ends: Subprime Crisis Next?