Marek Belka is Director of the IMF’s European Department. He was previously Under-Secretary General at the United Nations and Executive Secretary of the UN Economic Commission for Europe, and served as the Prime Minister of Poland from 2004 to 2005. He was also Poland’s Deputy Prime Minister in 1997 and Minister of Finance from 2001 to 2002. He has authored several books and articles dealing with socio-economic issues.
Recent Blog Posts by Marek Belka
- Crisis Lessons to Remember for Europe’s Policymakers
- Emerging Europe: Managing Large Capital Flows
- Reigniting Growth in Emerging Europe
- Getting Ready to Join the Eurozone Club
- After the Crisis, Much Still at Stake for Eurozone
- Unwinding Crisis Policies in Europe: Are we There Yet?
- Unwinding Crisis Policies in Europe: Are We There Yet?