Mark Turner – Latin American Equities Analyst at Hallgarten and Company, New York. Mark lives in Arequipa, Peru. Although his life revolves around his wife and two daughters*, he still occasionally tries to analyse LatAm equities and macroeconomic issues.
*Proud photos of daughters available on request
Recent Blog Posts by Mark Turner
- Inflation reality will bite Peru hard, and Garcia has to stop playing games
- What can Peru really expect from investment grade?
- Is Peru’s Growth Getting Through to the Peruvians?
- Argentina’s new forex policy in three words: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid
- Argentina: Martin Lousteau Resigning?
- Paraguay Calls, LatAm Responds
- High Stakes Poker
- Chile: Facing a Severe Energy Crisis
- If (as Roubini says) cash is king in 2008, how about a few Argentine Pesos in your account?
- Peru Imports Inflation (Calculation Ideas from Argentina)
- Latin America: The Student Years
- Inflation in Peru: Read the Small Print
- In the Face of US Trouble, LatAm Bonds Have Been Outstanding
- Vox Populi
- Chile – Venezuela: The Hidden Weakness of a Strong Economy
- Only In Argentina (hats off to Pablo Neumeyer)
- The Case for Buying Ecuador Bonds
- This Southern Copper Strike Leaves Garcia Walking a Tightrope
- Ecuador: Correa Plays His Cards Right
- The Trouble With Venezuela (Part One-and-a-Half)
- The Trouble With Venezuela, Part One
- Unashamedly Not an Economics or Finance Post
- Argentina: Who’s Wearing the Trousers?
- Venezuela: It’s The Economy, Stupid
- Strikes in Peru
- Argentina: New Brooms and Dirty Bathrooms
- Peru: Country Risk Is Not Just An EMBI+ Number
- Ecuador Says; Do Nothing To Save The Planet
- Venezuelan Freedoms, Opium and Tomato Ketchup
- Argentina: The Strong Peso Cometh?