is a former McKinsey consultant, a co-founder of a successful software company, and currently a student at the Yale Law School. He is not, never has been, and never will be a member of the Yale Law Journal. However, on December 11, 2009, he was named Grand Heresiarch of the Ancient, Hermetic, and Occult Order of the Shrill by Brad DeLong. He is a co-founder of The Baseline Scenario.
Since leaving the business world, James’s only significant income has been from 13 Bankers. He very occasionally gives paid presentations to private firms or not-for-profit organizations. He is a significant shareholder (though not a 5 percent shareholder, for you lawyers out there) of Guidewire Software. Otherwise, his family’s investments are entirely in cash and broadly diversified mutual funds, mainly index funds and mainly at Vanguard.
For a (slightly) longer bio and more information, see his personal website.
All opinions expressed here are those of the authors alone, and not necessarily those of the organizations with which they are affiliated or any other organization or person.
James Kwak on Twitter
James Kwak on Facebook
Recent Blog Posts by James Kwak
- Yes, We Should Worry About Public Pensions
- The Costs of “Good” Economics
- Party of Higher Debts
- Social Security: Ponzi Schemes for Beginners
- So What? Part Two
- The Myth of the Natural Economy
- Bond Market Blackmail
- Stress Tests and The Nationalization We Got
- Baseline Scenario for 12/15/2008
- Bank Recapitalization Options and Recommendation (After Citigroup Bailout)
- Start by Saving the Eurozone
- How to Manage The Banks
- The price of salvation