Mr. Hill began his career when he first relocated to southern California in 1987 and worked as commercial real estate investment analyst and marketing consultant for the respective firms of Gold Coast Properties Inc. and Commercial Capital Inc. In 1991 he left to join Sanli Pastore & Hill, a business valuations and litigation consulting firm, as a founding member and marketing director.
In 1994, he started his professional investment career as a stockbroker and investment advisor with Morgan Stanley where he focused on retirement planning and advanced equity option strategies for capital appreciation, hedging, and risk management. His private client base covered the U.S. and Greater China and represented corporate insiders of public companies, high net-worth expatriates and retail investors, and institutional traders. During his 10 plus years with the firm, he attained the title of First Vice President and consistently received numerous awards in recognition of his distinguished performance and achievements.
In 2004, Mr. Hill became a registered investment advisor and founded HM Advisors, LLC in Los Angeles, CA. As a partner and chief investment officer, he is responsible for the active management of separate accounts.
In July 2008, Mr. Hill launched version 1.1 of Hillbent.com, an investment research web portal, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Education: Mr. Hill received his B.A. (1986) with majors in Modern Economic History and English Literature at Central Michigan University (CMU). At CMU, he earned a competitive honors scholarship to attend Cambridge University in Cambridge, England where he read English Literature (William Shakespeare; and Charles Dickens) at Kings & Queens' colleges (1984).
Recent Blog Posts by J Clinton Hill
- S&P 500’s Irrelevance as a Performance Benchmark and Its Technical Market Condition
- Eur/USD Forex Pair Showing Early Signs of Weakness and Return to Rationality
- Intrinsic Value of Fiat Currencies Under Siege by Gold
- Warning: The Recession is Officially Over!
- SP-500 Market Condition: In Crisis Lies Opportunity
- Searching for the Ghost of Tom Joad Amidst the Financial Crisis
- Thoughts on Economy and Bear Market after Goldman’s 1Q 2009 Earnings Report
- Thoughts on the Bear Market Rally…
- Warning to Fed: Allow Patient to Fully Recover Before Administering More Toxic Stimulants
- Fed’s “White Horse” Bailout of GMAC Enables Consumer Credit Habit & Stabilizes GM