Ivo Arnold is Professor of Economics at Nyenrode Business Universiteit and Professor of Economics/Vice Dean at Erasmus School of Economics. He received his Master’s degree in Economics (with honors) from Erasmus University Rotterdam in 1988. From 1988 to 1994, he worked as an assistant professor in monetary economics at Erasmus School of Economics. In 1996, he obtained his PhD at Erasmus University with a thesis on European monetary policy. Ivo Arnold joined Nyenrode Business Universiteit in 1994, where he has since received ten outstanding teaching awards. His main research interest is European monetary and financial integration.
Ivo Arnold on Twitter
Recent Blog Posts by Ivo Arnold
- A Litmus Test for Banking Union
- The ECB Is Not Infallible
- First the Governance, Then the Guarantees
- An Interest Stabilization Mechanism as a Feasible Alternative for Eurobonds
- Rating Agencies Should Not Overreact to Dutch Problems
- Use the EFSF for ‘Sovereign Cleansing’ of Eurozone Banks
- A Handicapped European Systemic Risk Board
- Students: A Greek Export Success Story
- Financial Repression as a Solution to the Greek Debt Crisis
- Euro as Usual
- A Return to the Guilder?
- Keep Banks Out of Greek Aid Package
- Financial Market Responses to Crisis in Europe: A Reassessment
- A central banker’s failed vision
- NIBC’s Extreme Makeover
- Another Iceland?
- No European Ownership of the Fortis Problem
- The Dutch are still in denial
- Inflation protection: one index doesn’t fit all