This report was prepared by Alicia Bárcena (Executive Secretary) and by Osvaldo Kacef (Director of the Economic Development Division).
The Preliminary Overview of the Economies of Latin America and the Caribbean is an annual publication prepared by the Economic Development Division in collaboration with the Statistics and Economic Projections Division, the Latin American and Caribbean Institute for Economic and Social Planning (ILPES), the ECLAC subregional headquarters in Mexico and Trinidad and Tobago, and the Commission’s country offices in Bogota, Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Montevideo and Washington, D.C.
Recent Blog Posts by Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAD)
- Measures Recently Adopted by External Financing Agencies
- Latin America and the Caribbean is better prepared to face the crisis but is not immune
- The current situation and the outlook for the future
- Measures Implemented in the Latin America and the Caribbean to Cope With the Escalating Crisis
- The Transmission of the Crisis to Latin America and the Caribbean
- Preliminary Overview of the Economies of Latin America and the Caribbean 2008: Introduction