Carlo Resta has twenty-five years experience in new product development, in global financial services and international business.
He has formulated a practical and systemic solution to the prolonged crisis of the West and identified opportunities relevant to the real economy and financial markets.
Carlo’s analysis differs from that of most commentators and economists because his original vision of long-term investing focuses on revitalizing the real economy while promoting stability and sustainable development. For this reason he was nominated Senior Research Fellow of the Global Policy Institute for the study of a response policy to this crisis.
He is a founding Partner and President of Oraculum Advisors, an independent specialist working with a variety of institutions and enterprises for their product development, strategy, risk management, and capital raising activities.
Carlo was the Managing Director of Global Investment Advisory at JP Morgan Chase Manhattan Bank, for Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Prior, as a start-up and product specialist, he was Director of the Client Strategies Group and Equity Derivatives for Merrill Lynch International. He worked at San Paolo Bank in Turin and in New York.
Carlo holds a degree in Economics and Banking Sciences from the University of Siena, he is a Stern NYU MBA in finance and international business.
Recent Blog Posts by Carlo Resta
- The Olympics Lesson To Save The Economy
- Blabbing on the Consequences of Oligopolies Is Futile: Break Up the Banks and Focus on Enterprises’ Growth
- Debating Hester’s Bonus and Mr. Fred’s Knighthood Is Futile: Focus on Volcker’s Rule and Break Up the Banks
- Capitalism Without Owners Has Failed: Where Is True Growth Going to Come From?
- Systemic Economics: New Dawn to the Future
- Reflexivity, Historic Shifts and New Systemic Economics
- Beyond the False Bonuses vs. Real Wages Debate
- A Systemic Capital Redirection Strategy Is Our Only Hope
- Most Wanted: Leadership and Courage
- Beyond Short Term Emergency: A Risk Strategy for the Future
- Time Horizon and Capital Flows Redirection for Growth
- Greek Crisis Confirms Systemic Capital Redirection Urgency
- Why Banks Should Clean up their House and How they Can Take Advantage of the Opportunity of Modern Times
- Operation Direct Growth: The New Avenue to Redevelop the Real Economy
- How to Generate a New Wave of Prosperity. The formula of mixed government and private investments to reform the world, Part III
- How to Generate a New Wave of Prosperity. The formula of mixed government and private investments to reform the world, Part II
- How to Generate a New Wave of Prosperity. The formula of mixed government and private investments to reform the world
- Development of Central Banks and Governments policy into the Creation of a New Breed of Sovereign Funds with strategic function to rescue and rebuild: Economic Reconstruction Institutions
- Financial involution and evolution of economic patterns: Demise of leading banks and opportunities for the “Italian system”