Throughout her nearly sixteen‐year career, Ms. Hunter has honed her ability to pick a needle from the economic haystack of data, synthesizing information to identify turning points for economies or markets. Ms. Hunter was most recently the Deputy Chief Investment Officer for Fixed Income at Axa Investment Managers. Prior to Axa, Ms. Hunter was a Managing Director and the Chief Economist at Aladdin Capital. Prior to joining Aladdin, she was with Galtere Ltd., a global macro hedge fund, where she served as a Chief Economist. Prior to and concurrently with, Galtere Ltd., she was the Managing Member and Chief Investment Officer of Coronat Asset Management. In that role, Ms. Hunter identified macro themes and invested in global equity, credit and FX markets to capitalize on these themes. Prior to founding Coronat, Ms. Hunter was a Partner and Portfolio Manager at Quantrarian Capital Management, a hedge fund that invests in Asian markets. In addition, she has worked as a Portfolio Manager at Salomon Smith Barney, Inc., and Firebird Management, LLC after starting her career as an economist at Chase Manhattan Bank in Foreign Exchange. Ms. Hunter received a Bachelor of Arts from New York University, as well as a Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University. Ms. Hunter is a regular guest on CNBC and Bloomberg TV, as well as being quoted in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Barrons and New York Times to name a few. Ms. Hunter is on the board of the National Association for Business Economics (NABE), a member of New York Association of Business Economics, a member of Money Marketeers, Network 20/20 and 100 Women in Hedge Funds. She is a patron of the World Policy Institute.
Recent Blog Posts by Constance Hunter
- Is Cyprus Europe’s Lehman?
- The Fiscal Bunny Slope – Whether a Patch or a Grand Bargain, there ain’t gonna be no cliff.
- Three things that could change the US outlook for the better. A dispatch from the NABE Annual Meeting
- US Credit and Economic Views: It’s the Housing Market Stupid
- And Now for a Bit on China…
- A Bank Rescue Plan for Europe: The Ultimate Price Tag?
- Perception vs Reality – Is There Really an Inflation Worry?
- They tried to make me go to rehab and I said “No, no, no”
- Setting the stage for QE III?
- S&P Downgrade, Another Move in a High Stakes Game of Chicken