Carlo Cottarelli is Director of the IMF’s Fiscal Affairs Department. He was previously with the Research Department of the Bank of Italy. In his IMF career he has been Deputy Director of the European Department and the Policy Development and Review Department. He has written papers on fiscal and monetary policy and edited books on inflation, monetary policy, and exchange rates.
Recent Blog Posts by Carlo Cottarelli
- Signs of Fiscal Progress: Will It Be Enough?
- Making Goldilocks Happy – Finding the Right Balance for Public Spending
- Fiscal Adjustment: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Fiscal Glass Is Half Full: Some Reasons for Optimism
- Postcard From Sao Paulo: The Latest Global Fiscal News – and Some of It’s Actually Good
- Tax Matters for Developing Countries
- Shifting Gears: Where the Rubber Meets the Fiscal Road
- The Long and the Short of It—Government Debt Plans in 2011 and Beyond
- How to Bake a (Cr)edible Medium-term Fiscal Pie
- Ten Commandments for Fiscal Adjustment in Advanced Economies
- Fair and Substantial – Taxing the Financial Sector
- Balancing Fiscal Support with Fiscal Solvency
- Post-Crisis: What Should Be the Goal of a Fiscal Exit Strategy?