Brad Setser is a fellow in Geoeconomics at the Council on Foreign Relations
Recent Blog Posts by Brad Setser
- Forget global imbalances, it is now a Sino-American imbalance
- (Green) bamboo shoots?
- The US doesn’t name China a currency manipulator
- China reduced its dollar holdings in February
- China’s reserves are still growing, but at a slower pace than before
- Big changes, but not much adjustment: China’s March trade data
- Sign of strength or evidence of weakness? China’s dollar reserves
- China v US money market funds
- China’s call for a new international financial system
- Did the Fed bail out China by buying Treasuries?
- The fall in China’s exports caught up with the fall in China’s imports, at least for now
- Secrets from the Treasury’s Survey: It looks like China bought a lot of equities just before the stock market tumbled
- China’s record demand for Treasuries (and all US assets) in 2008