Arpitha Bykere is senior analyst for Asia at Roubini Global Economics, with a focus on South and Southeast Asian countries. Her interests also include international trade and globalization, global fiscal issues and labor market trends. She has been quoted in a number of financial publications, including the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Reuters, the Associated Press, the Washington Post, CNN Money and Market Watch. Arpitha previously worked in the international economics division at the government of India’s Planning Commission. She holds a bachelor's degree in economics with honors from Delhi University and a master's degree in economics from Syracuse University.
Recent Blog Posts by Arpitha Bykere
- RGE’s Wednesday Note – Japan’s Production Shortfall Drags on EM Asia Supply Chain
- RGE Wednesday Note: Too Soon to Call for Asian Decoupling
- East Asia’s On/Off Switch
- Does Asia’s Economic Rebound Signal the Return to Stellar Growth?
- Will India Get Back to 9% Growth?
- How Severely Will Asia Be Affected By the Global Recession?
- Eight Asian Predictions for the Year of the Ox
- Obama’s Asian Priorities
- A Perspective on Senator Obama and McCain’s Economic Policy Proposals
- Are Asian Central Banks Still Behind the Inflation Curve?
- South and South-East Asia in the Midst of a Global Recession