Parul is a senior economist for quantitative analysis at Roubini Global Economics, with a particular interest in building econometric models. Parul’s area of coverage also includes UK, Swiss and Canadian growth dynamics, inflation and fiscal and monetary policy. She has been quoted in a variety of news outlets including FT Alphaville, Swiss Forex Television, Reuters, Forbes and economics blogs like Econbrowser. Previously, Parul worked as a research assistant for Dr. Roubini at NYU’s Stern School of Business, conducting research on the global financial crisis. She has also worked at a hedge fund where she was involved in model building. In India, she worked at the Confederation of Indian Industries in the economic research and policy division and at Dell International Services in the finance department. Parul holds a master’s degree in economics and an advanced certificate in applied economics from New York University, a master’s degree in economics from Panjab University and a bachelor's degree in economics with honors from Delhi University.
Recent Blog Posts by Parul Walia
- Markets Tire of EZ Tricks: RGE’s Parul Walia Sits Down with Megan Greene for a Discussion on the EZ Summit and Implications for Europe and the UK
- RGE’s Parul Walia and Mikko Forss Discuss Monetary Policy Surprises in Norway and UK
- Grim Outlook for Consumption Spending in the UK
- RGE’s Wednesday Note – Plan C for UK Fiscal Consolidation
- What the UK Unemployment Numbers Don’t Tell
- RGE’s Wednesday Note: Whither the Regulatory Winds?
- RGE’s Wednesday Note – Obama’s Recent Regulatory and Fiscal Proposals